Our employees are critical to our success. We have a strong focus on training and development, providing opportunities for employees to grow their careers within the business. Viterra has around 700 permanent employees and looks to employee up to 2,000 casual employees each harvest, dependent on harvest size.
Why choose Viterra?
- Be exposed to a range of opportunities and pathways to develop and grow your career
- Be part of a team environment and receive internal support and guidance.
- Access professional development and training programs to build your skills.
- Work for one of the largest regional employers in South Australia with a variety of roles and locations to choose from.
Viterra offers opportunities for people with all levels of experience in all our operational areas. Types of roles include:
- Country / terminal / plant operator
- Grain classification
- Maintenance and engineering
- Quality and food safety
- Inventory management
- Operations supervisors / managers
- Seasonal roles available during harvest periods (generally October to January)
- Logistics and supply chain
- Accounting and finance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal and compliance
- BLP Operator – Thevenard
- Country Operators – Central Region
- Country Operator positions – Eastern Region
- Design Engineer
- Engineering Project Manager
- Graduate Safety Health & Environment Advisor
- Maintenance Officer – Electrical
- Maintenance Officer – Mechanical
- Safety Health & Environment Advisor – Systems and Assurance
We recruit up to 2,000 casuals each year during harvest and accept registrations of interest throughout the year. Read more about our harvest recruitment.
I love the diversity of the company and the variety of areas you are exposed to. There are lots of opportunities to expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Jo Klitscher, Operations Manager
Our first priority in the workplace is to protect the health and well-being of all our people. We take a proactive approach to health and safety; our goal is continuous improvement in the prevention of occupational disease and injuries.
Our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, personal ownership and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people while never compromising on their safety and well-being. This is important to our success and the superior returns we aim to achieve for all our stakeholders.
We aim to achieve our key deliverables efficiently as a path to industry-leading returns, while maintaining a clear focus on excellence, quality, sustainability and continuous improvement in everything we do.
We recognise that our work can have an impact on our society and the environment. We care profoundly about our performance in compliance, environmental protection, human rights and health and safety.
We value relationships and communication based on integrity, co-operation, transparency and mutual benefit, with our people, our customers, our suppliers, governments and society in general.