We’re using social media to help us connect with our customers and stakeholders. Through our channels, we will keep you up to date about our people, operations, services, community activities and initiatives, events, and organisations we support. We hope you find our channels friendly, informative, and engaging.
While we will monitor our social media channels and aim to respond to comments where appropriate, we cannot guarantee a timely response. We encourage you to contact us directly.
We encourage you to be respectful of other community members, adhere to the appropriate social media channel posting guidelines (ie the guidelines of Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube), and apply a common-sense approach when:
- making comments or responding to posts
- posting information to our profile, including photos
- commenting underneath a Viterra post
- tagging the Viterra account in a post or tweet
We moderate all Viterra social media pages and reserve the right to edit, remove or require the removal of any content that:
- is bullying, racism, or anything demeaning towards a person including pictures and videos
- is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive
- is threatening, abusive, defamatory, offensive, violent, obscene, indecent, or objectionable
- is hateful or discriminatory in any way regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- includes sexually explicit content or links
- involves trolling, spamming or deliberate disruptions to conversations
- is spam, junk mail, or files that contain viruses or programmes that could damage the operation of other people's computers
- contains any personal details, like phone numbers, email address etc
- is anything that promotes, incites, or instructs in matters of crime or violence
- violates the intellectual property rights, copyright, or moral rights of another
- violates any law or regulation
- is otherwise offensive.
Keeping this in mind, we reserve the right to address factual errors. Inappropriate or offensive comments will not be tolerated, and we reserve the right to remove comments at our own discretion.
Users who repeatedly breach the page guidelines will be removed from the page.
We reserve the right to:
- remove any content that breaches the guidelines above and block any user who repeatedly violates these rules
- change these house rules at any time without prior notice
- use your comments, ideas and images.
By engaging with us on our social media channels, you agree that any material posted belongs to you and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of anyone else. You also grant us the right to use, develop, modify, adapt and publish your comments, materials and ideas in any format and on any channel, without obligation to you.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, Viterra disclaims all liability (including in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs, followers and other visitors to Viterra’s social media pages incur as a result of content or material being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason.
You agree to indemnify Viterra from any liability and/or damages resulting from the participation on Viterra’s social media channels, or any claim arising from any material that you post on our social media channels.
These house rules were last updated in June 2023.