Our purpose is to connect quality Australian agricultural commodities safely and efficiently between growers and domestic and international customers.
Demand for exacting quality grain in Australia’s key markets is increasing as global populations increase and consumers become more afﬂuent. They want authenticity – to know where their food is from and the ingredients it contains. Consumers demand the highest quality and food safety standards.
At Viterra, we are continuing to innovate our quality management for a sustainable future.
VERIFIED VITERRA SEAL
Represents exacting standards, food safety and quality of delivery.
Raising the benchmark in quality management
For the marketer, grain quality is meeting the needs of specific markets and end users.
For the end user, grain quality is a consistent and exact key ingredient for their food, beverage or feed product.
At Viterra, we are on a mission to raise the benchmark in quality management – and ensure we meet customers’ increasing demands. This means quality control across the entire supply chain, from grower receivals and storage, to loading and delivery to local and international customers.We have created a quality program called Verified Viterra to reﬂect the high standards and systems needed to deliver quality grain to the world safely and efficiently.
The Verified Viterra program creates value through unparalleled quality control, delivering confidence and supporting demand for growers’ products. Behind it sits:
- unrivalled ISO 22000:2018 accreditation covering the entire network
- purpose built, state of the art, National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited laboratory
- uncompromising Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) procedures
- rigorous classification processes and training
- exceptional grain protection and site hygiene.
With the dedication of our people, Verified Viterra is setting the benchmark. It is a symbol of
the highest grain quality systems – verified to customers.
Verified Viterra exacting standards
Independently checked equipment
Specific classification training has been developed to provide classifiers with the necessary skills and knowledge to accurately classify loads of grain being received into Viterra. This training highlights procedures, equipment, standards, food safety and documentation required to ensure grain is received, stored and delivered to customers at an exacting standard.
State of the art laboratory
Verified Viterra food safety
Unrivalled safety standards
Site hygiene, inspections and audits
Verified Viterra quality of delivery
We test and retest
Further independent specification checks
All export facilities are registered establishments, certified by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR). Under bilateral agreements to support biosecurity, Australian Government Authorised Officers check the grain to ensure the cargo meets all phytosanitary requirements of the importing country.
Viterra subscribes to the Australian Government National Residue Survey (NRS) – a crucial part of the Australian system for managing risks of chemical residues and environmental contaminants in Australian food products. Samples are taken for the NRS for chemical residue analysis. Samples are also sent to an independent laboratory if requested by the customer.
Our commitment to sustainability
We are committed to:
- Safety – being a leader in workplace safety, eliminating fatalities and injuries
- Health – becoming a leader in the protection and improvement of our people’s and our communities’ wellbeing
- Environment – minimising any negative environmental impact from our operations and applying the precautionary principle in decision making
- Community and human rights – fostering sustainable growth and respecting human rights wherever we operate